Take Advantage of the Uber Rental Program to Earn More Money
It’s a fact. Driving for Uber has many perks, and earning money is just one of them. There’s something to be said about being able to drive a car that suits your preferences, rather than those that have been handed to you because of company policy. There’s comfort and, if you’re driving your own car, familiarity. But what if your own vehicle doesn’t pass Uber standards? This is where Uber rentals come in handy.
What you need to know about the Uber rental program
Uber rentals are designed to support drivers who want to want a piece of the ridesharing market, but are in need of a vehicle to offer rideshare services. One that has been approved by Uber and has passed the company’s exacting requirements.
The idea behind the partnership is to make Uber-approved vehicles accessible to people who want to drive for the ridesharing company. Anyone interested can get a vehicle at affordable or special rates, which can help gain profit after income earned. The vehicle solutions program may include leasing and auto-financing, depending on the arrangement between Uber and the car company.
How do Uber rentals work?
Uber partners with a car rental company, and then connect driver-partners with popular vehicles at a rate that is competitive and ensures profit. The company has a rental car program with Hertz, Enterprise and General Motors.
A better option today is a partnership with Keyz, a rideshare rental company that provides new vehicles for Uber. Who doesn’t want to drive a new vehicle, and earn money at the same time? Now all you need to do is to join Keyz and become one of its drivers.
How do you know if you’re eligible as a partner-driver?
There are eligibility requirements for drivers, which differ from one rental partner with another. With Hertz, for example, a driver must have a good standing with the rental company, is aged 25 and older, and must have a valid credit or debit card. With Keyz, your credit history will not make or break your suitability as an applicant. At the very least, however, interested drivers must be approved to drive on the Uber platform.
How to become a Keyz driver in 6 simple steps
- Make sure to have an active Uber account before you apply.
- Prepare documents necessary for the sign-up process. Make sure you scan or take a photo of the following documents:
- Passport or Birth Certificate
- Drivers Licence
- Drivers Industry Card / F or T Extension (Mandatory for Brisbane and Perth Sign
- 12 Months Driving History (Mandatory for Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra Sign-Ups unless you have a Drivers Authority Card / Driver Accreditation)
- Latest Bank Account Statement
- Screenshot of your active Uber Account
- Apply online. Visit the Keyz website, click on Apply Now and fill out the application form.
- Wait for your application to be approved, which will depend on how long credit and background checks will take.
- Once approved, you can pick up your car from key locations, which Keyz will organise for you. Just give them a call.
- From the pickup point you can choose to test drive your new car or Get started to earn money for Uber right away.
With Keyz, you have an opportunity to experience first-hand the joys and benefits of being an Uber driver without the dreaded lock-in period. With just a minimum 2-week rental, you can test the waters, so to speak, and then decide if you want to be part of the Uber platform for good.
What are the costs involved?
Becoming a Keyz member will cost you $220. They’re also weekly fee you need to settle which will cover vehicle insurance, compulsory third-party insurance, Keyz auto protect, registration, maintenance and servicing.
There’s also the on-going rental fee that is charged according to the kind of vehicle you are renting. And if you travel up to 1200 km/week, you will be charged $0.05 for every extra kilometre added. Other extra costs included road tolls, fuel, traffic offenses, and any repairs or damage not covered by warranty or insurance.
What is great about Uber rentals is that you get to enjoy flexible terms, which will allow you to control the amount of time you spend driving for the company. It doesn’t matter if you are unemployed, self-employed, working part-time or working full-time. Just make sure you put in the hours to earn enough income to cover the rental cost.
But the best perk that you’ll get from the Uber rental program is that you can use your rented vehicle to earn money and for personal use, something that is rarely allowed if you were working for a rental firm instead of ridesharing company.
A new vehicle and a means to earn money. Who wants to say no to this?